I'm sitting on my couch on a "snow day" watching the rain drip from my roof. As they say in Tennessee, "If you don't like the weather here, just wait 'til tomorrow." We probably should change that to "... just wait an hour or so."
Oh, wait -- Joanna just called to say that it's coming a blizzard in Cookeville, which is about 35 minutes from here. As we talk, I rush to the window to get a better look at the heavy snow flakes that start to fall (the rain is still dripping). What did I tell you? Joanna says that what's falling in Cookeville now looks like tiny ice balls; is our weather versatile or what? I'm just thankful that our trees aren't coming down and that we still have electricity, unlike plenty of folks to our north and west.
So, will the ELDA field testing continue tomorrow? Stay tuned... it's going to be really cold tonight, which should freeze the rain, snow, and tiny ice balls into a nice mess for school buses to try and navigate, or not...
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment