Saturday, December 4, 2010

Shopping

Today I went Christmas shopping in Cookeville with Joanna, Carole, and Marsha. Connor drove down from Knoxville to see me for the first time since we returned from Africa, and Caroline joined us for lunch at Maddux Station. We had a great time sharing stories and laughter, along with good food.. I even managed to buy a few gifts with Connor and Joanna's input.

I can't help but think about how different this shopping trip was from the last one I made, with Holly, Carson, and Jude...in Geita.

Here I am with Holly and Jude on the steps of the Double Red Rose, a grocery store in town. Holly shops here often. Below is a "taxi stand" near the main market.

Flat Stanley climbed up on the lemons to have his picture made at Mama Dundo's (I think I got her name right...I hope so, because she is a lovely lady and I was thrilled to meet her) booth.

Below are more shots of the market where Holly and Carson buy fruit, vegetables, grains, etc., in Geita.

Some booths, like the one below, sell kangas, fabric, and other items.

















































No comments:

Post a Comment